Come and join us on Sunday 27th November 2022 at 1pm for our thanksgiving Service.
We will be having a shared lunch starting at around 11.45am after our morning service. If you would like to share lunch with us, come along with your gratitude , and please bring a plate to share ! Coffee and tea are supplied.
Of course you are also most welcome to join us at 10.30am for our Sunday Service.
In Cottage A at the WEA, 223 Angas Street, Adelaide 500
Everyone is welcome – bring your friends. Parking available in the WEA for $4. If you get a park on the street, it is free on Sundays.
For more information, contact the Reading Room at 8223 3230
Order of Service for Thanksgiving:
- Reading the thanksgiving proclamation of the President of the United States
- Reading a Scriptural Selection
- Silent prayer – followed by the audible repetition of the lord’s Prayer with its spiritual interpretation,’Hymn
- Reading the Explanatory Note on the first leaf of the Quarterly.
- Announcing the subject of the Lesson-Sermon, and reading the Golden Text
- Responsive Reading by the First Reader and the congregation.
- Reading the Lesson-Sermon prepared by the Bible Lesson committee.
- Testimonies by Christian Scientists appropriate for the occasion.
- Reading the Scientific Statement of Being, and the correlative Scripture according to 1John 3:1-3
- Pronouncing Benediction
We look forward to seeing you there!